Thursday, July 6, 2006

It's a sad day for New York

As you all probably know by now, this happened this morning.

Part of me wanted to think New Yorkers were a bit more open-minded and hopeful for the future, instead of being close-minded slags who's ideals are based in the Old World.

But a larger, more pessimistic side kinda knew it wasn't going to happen. Gay Marriage is still too hot of a controversy for the two generations before me (who hold the Country's power) to understand and comprehend. Most of our grandparents (and some of our parents) aren't ready to accept it, so it's going to have to happen from within us and our generation, so that when we step up to control the country in a few years, we'll be able to make much-needed changes to the antiquated world around us.

For those in NYC, there's a marriage rally happening tonight:

New York City
Start time: 6:00 PM
Location: Sheridan Square (Christopher Street and 7th Avenue, Manhattan), site of the historical Stonewall uprising
Rain location: LGBT Community Center, 208 West 13th Street


Being the bad gay that I am, I won't be able to make it because of work... but I'll be there in spirit.

In other news, there is no other news. Life continues on in Reyland... I'm starting to feel sick, but Daryl thinks it's from mold allergies since he's been going through allergy hell recently. My throat hurts (post-nasal drip?), my nose is runny, and I have a slight migraine... which does sound like allergy symptoms. I'm hoping that's what it is cuz I can't deal with getting sick right now.

I'm also drying myself out... I didn't have a drink last night and I'm gonna try not to drink tonight. Try. There's a Madonnarama going on at Splash tonight (yes, I hate that club but the beer blasts are fun), but I don't think I'm gonna go. I have way too much work to do... and I feel sick. And if I can't make it to the rally, there's no excuse why I should be able to make it to a Madonnarama thing... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment